Monday, June 8, 2009

Hand, Foot, Mouth...What?

Okay so after all the hard work I thought we were going to get a great nights sleep. I mean Grace was ready for bed1 at 6:30 but I was able to hold her off until 7 p.m. Then around 12:30 in the morning she woke up screaming. I took her temperature because she was so hot, it was 103.5! All I could think was, she was fine just hours before. I ended up sleeping in the bed with her while Brett stayed in our room and took care of Reagan. We got little if any sleep and I made sure to give her medicine through the night.

Needless to say we did not make it to church, we went to the doctor instead! Everything looked great except for her throat. So she had a strep test done, they are as fun as shots!!! It came back negative. The doctor said that Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease has been going around. She said 6 other children she saw today had it. So she sent us home with some medicine that numbs the throat. There is nothing else that can be done, it has to run it course, which is anywhere from a week to 10 days. Grace has done great. She is starting to get some energy back but mainly she just wants mama to hold her!

Reagan will be going to daycare a few days this week. I just want to do everything we can to make sure she does not get this from Grace.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

HEY, SORRY GRACE IS SICK. HOPE SHE IS FEELING BETTER SOON, AND THAT REAGAN STAYS WELL. LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE GIRLS. DAD & TAMMY

Tammy said...

HEY, HOW IS GRACE FEELING? HOPE REAGAN IS WELL. LET US KNOW HOW EVERYONE IS DOING. DAD & TAMMY