Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reagan's Arrival

Well, there is no reason to pay any attention to the last entry. As with Grace, Reagan decided to make an earlier and unexpected arrival. I woke up Thursday morning around 3 a.m. unable to sleep. Then I noticed that I was having some cramping. I thought that it was just Reagan getting into position, which usually takes place weeks before delivery. So I decided to take a bath and relax. It did not stop. I finally got Brett up around 5 a.m. and we decided that I should call the doctor. I felt so bad for waking up the doctor, but I am glad that I did now. Dr. Bush told us to go to the hospital to be put on a monitor. I told Brett that I was worried that I was going to be sent home. Here I was, pregnant with my second child and I could not tell you what a contraction felt like. I had my pain medicine with Grace before any contractions. I was so wrong! We got to the hospital around 5:30 a.m. and I was 4 cm dilated. So, we were put on the list for a c-section for February 6th. We were going to be the second one for the day. The nurses were great, we had to move pretty fast to be ready as soon as possible. However, by 8 a.m. I told Brett to get the nurse...I felt like I had to push. I had still not gotten my spinal, I only had medicine to take the edge off. The nurse checked me again and I was 8 cm dilated. Well, they decided to open the second surgical room, because Reagan was coming, and she was coming NOW! Reagan was born at 8:31 a.m. February 6, 2009. She weighed in at 4 lbs 14 oz and was 18 1/4 inches long. Believe it or not, she was bigger that Grace was at birth. Reagan is doing great and her family could not be happier. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: