Monday, February 28, 2011

She's HERE!


Introducing Madison Greer!


(Note: the side of my face that was not moving. I can only imagine what I looked like after the reaction to the medicine!)

I am very excited to say our family is finally complete. Greer arrived Monday, February 21, 2011 at 9:55 am. Believe it or not I made it to my scheduled c-section. Greer weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces! Everything was going great during the c-section. Brett and I were talking like nothing was going on. Greer arrived in style screaming her head off which continued until she was nicely covered and handed to daddy!

However, we were still in for a huge surprise! In order to cut down on the risk of an infection after the c-section, I was given a medicine I had never had before. Surprise, I was extremely allergic to the medicine. Seconds after receiving a "test" dose, I had a metal taste in my mouth and my inner ears were itching. Moments later I could barely breath. By the time I was in the recovery room I could not talk. Needless to say I was beyond scared! I was so glad to heard the words, "let's put in a breathing tube." I do not remember much after that until waking up in the ICU that night.



Brett loves to retell the story of my pinching the ICU nurse, but I cannot say if this happened or not. I do have to thank Brett for no ICU pictures. (Yes, I heard someone wanted to take a picture or my head 4 times its normal size! This person will remain nameless on the blog!)


Both Mommy and Baby were doing great by the second day and we got to come home on schedule!





Grace and Reagan got to come to the hospital on the second day. They were so excited to see their Madison Greer. They both wanted to hold her as soon as she came into the room! They are GREAT big sisters and wonderful helpers! I hope it lasts!

No comments: